The goal of formative assessment is to monitor student learning to provide ongoing feedback that can be used by instructors to improve their teaching and by students to improve their learning. More specifically, formative assessments:
- help students identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas that need work
- help faculty recognize where students are struggling and address problems immediately
Formative assessments are generally low stakes, which means that they have low or no point value. Examples of formative assessments include asking students to:
- draw a concept map in class to represent their understanding of a topic
- There are Four Assessment in Academic Session , carrying total weight age 40%
The goal of summative assessment is to evaluate student learning at the end of an instructional unit by comparing it against some standard or benchmark.
Summative assessments are often high stakes, which means that they have a high point value. Examples of summative assessments include:
- a midterm exam
- a final project
- a paper
- There are Two Assessment in Academic Session , carrying total weight age 60%
Students Activities :
- Verbal Presentation: Students collect information and present in the classroom
- Group Activities : Students are divided into groups to discuss the relevant topics.
- Project Work: Students are informed to gather the vital information and compile
- Drama: The topics are given in advance , helps to unearth students talent.
- Interview : Topics & Groups are made to conduct interview , strengthens students skills.
- Quiz Competition: Groups are made to encourage and make classes very lively.
- ELIP Test: Every month keeping test to check students English Vocabulary level.
- Competitions : The below mentioned competitions are going be conducted
- Handwriting: In Kannada , Hindi & English
- Essay Writing : In Kannada , Hindi & English
- Speech Competitions: In Kannada & English
- Story Telling Competition : In Kannada & English
- Drawing Competitions: To identify the student talent
- Rangoli/Mehandhi Competitions : To identify the student talent
- Salad Competition: To identify the student talent
- Tables : To encourage students show inclination towards Mathematics
- Rhymes Recitation : For KG kids
- Month wise Events Calendar : will be uploaded